The Zoom Model 5370 is a 686 Mbps cable modem certified for money-saving own-your-own cable modem programs by Comcast XFINITY, Time Warner Cable, and other leading cable service providers. Owning a certified own-your-own modem eliminates modem rental charges that are typically $8 to $10 dollars per month. Model 5370 is qualified for the highest speed cable services currently available, including Comcast XFINITY’s Extreme 250 and Time Warner Cable’s 300 Mbps Ultimate. The Model 5370 Gigabit (10-100-1000 Mbps) Ethernet port connects to your Windows or Macintosh computer, router, wireless access point, Home Plug adapter, or other Ethernet-enabled device. When used with a router, the high speed Internet service can be shared with multiple devices. The number of channels supported by a cable modem is the primary indicator of a modem’s top speed. This modem is 16×4, which supports sixteen channels for downloads, and four channels for uploads. Sixteen channels for data downloads make this modem up to twice as fast as competing modems that support only eight channels. Because this 16×4 modem uses the cable network more efficiently, average download speeds can be faster, even for service speeds below the modem’s top speed of 686 Mbps. The 5370 also uses a Full-Band Capture Digital Tuner that lets service providers deliver faster, more reliable Internet. The 5370 is certified by Cable Labs to support the latest DOCSIS 3.0 standard plus DOCSIS 2.0 and 1.1 for use with older cable systems. IPv6 and IPv4 are supported for powerful, flexible network addressing. With its easy installation, high speed, and extensively tested compatibility, the Model 5370 is the perfect choice for almost any cable modem user. The Model 5370 has been tested and certified by Cable Labs to work with nearly all U.S. cable services. The Zoom 5370 is covered by a two year warranty and quality technical support by Zoom Telephonics, a Boston based company founded in 1977.
- 686 Mbps cable modem provides very fast Internet over cable by connecting modem’s 10-100-1000 Ethernet port to your computer or router. This high-speed cable modem does not include a router.
- Owning this cable modem eliminates modem rental charges (typically $8 to $10 every month) from Comcast XFINITY and Time Warner Cable along with other cable service providers. Works with all US cable modem services including DOCSIS 3.0 and older 2.0 or 1.1 services
- This 16×4 cable modem has sixteen downstream channels (twice as many as 8X4 modems) and gives higher average download speeds than 4×4 or 8X4 modems even when the service speed is below this cable modem’s top speed of 686 Mbps
- Works with Windows and Macintosh and other Ethernet-capable computers and can also be used with wired and wireless routers
- A Full-Band Capture Digital Tuner lets service providers deliver faster and more reliable Internet.US based technical support and a two year warranty from Zoom Telephonics in Boston Massachusetts.Compact space saving design