This premium high speed 7-port USB 2.0 hub was designed to maximize compatibility for connecting a Windows, Mac, Linux/Unix, or other computer to up to 7 additional USB devices. Featuring a robust 15W AC adapter to power all of your devices including power-hungry USB-powered hard drives, scanners, etc.
The advanced Terminus Technology FE2.1 chipset this hub uses supports efficient data transfers for maximum performance across all devices with minimal power draw. Supports Multiple Transaction Translators for optimum performance when a combination of USB 2.0 and 1.1 devices are attached. Low power consumption is achived with 0.18um technology and declocking/depowering of unused ports and parts of chip not currently in use (155mA with 7 devices connected, 66mA with one), and fully supports USB 2.0 High-Speed (480Mbs), USB 1.1 Full-speed (12 Mbps), and Low-Speed (1.5Mbps) devices. Supports Microsoft Windows 10 through XP, Mac OS X, and Linux/Unix.
Comes with premium 5V 3A 15W UL certified power supply for supporting several devices. Does not provide sufficient power for devices such as iPhones, iPads, tablets, etc. Not BC 1.1 / 1.2 compatible.
Other common uses:
In addition to use as a standard USB 2.0 hub, the hub can: Power the Raspberry Pi and its attached USB devices; Provide power and data connectivity to small bitcoin miners and other USB-attached computing devices; Provide power to USB lamps, LEDs, and other appliances that require less than 15W total.
In The Box
USB 7-port hub (Terminus Technology FE2.1 hub controller), 5V 3A 15W UL certified AC power adapter with 3-foot cable, and 3-foot USB Mini B to USB A 2.0 cable for connecting the hub to your computer.
- USB 2.0 7-Port High Speed Hub. Includes a robust 15W 5V 3A power adapter. (US AC Wall Outlet Plug, 100-240V 50/60Hz)
- Hub enables connecting 7 additional USB devices. Forwards and backwards compatible with all USB 3.0, 2.0, or 1.1 host controllers and devices on Windows, Mac, and Linux/Unix computers at USB 2.0 speeds up to 480 Mbps. Transfer rates are device and USB host controller dependent. Fully plug and play, devices can be hot-plugged, supports USB over-current protection.
- Requires no driver installation (although individual devices may require drivers). Compatible with all USB hosts that support USB hubs including devices such as the Wii, PlayStation, XBOX, Tivo, etc.
- Does not provide sufficient power for devices such as iPhones, iPads, tablets, etc. Apple notes: Note that some devices such as the Apple SuperDrive look for Apple-specific signaling and will not work when connected through any USB hub.
- Compact design. Two convenient verical USB ports with a sliding panel to protect ports from dust when not in use. Easy to diagnose device connectivity with separate per-port blue LEDs for each attached USB device and a red master power LED.