The Plugable USB3-HUB4R is a portable, USB bus-powered USB 3.0 hub (VIA VL813 chipset) that enables connecting four low-power USB 3.0 “SuperSpeed” devices on a single USB 3.0 port. The USB3-HUB4R features a unique 180 degree rotating USB connector to allow convenient placement on a variety of host computers like desktops, laptops, or tablets.
Featuring the VIA VL813 USB 3.0 hub chipset updated to firmware version 9011 for maximum compatibility with almost all USB 3.0 hosts. Supports Microsoft Windows 10 through XP, macOS, and Linux kernels 3.0 and later. Apple SuperDrive not compatible. Older Mac Pros with USB 3.0 PCI Express add-on cards may not work with this or any USB 3.0 hub. Full forward and backward compatibility between USB 3.0, 2.0, and 1.1 hosts and devices. Not recommended for use with older Texas Instruments, Fresco Logic, Etron, or Wistron USB 3.0 host controllers. Requires no driver installation (although individual devices may require drivers). 2.4Ghz wireless devices such as wireless keyboard/mouse receivers, Bluetooth and WiFi adapters, may not work in close proximity to USB 3.0 devices or hubs. Connecting wireless devices to a USB 2.0 port is recommended for best results.
Power and Charging
USB bus powered operation, no power supply / AC adapter required. Functions as a USB data hub only.
In the Box
USB3-HUB4R 4 Port USB 3.0 Bus Powered Hub and Quick Install Guide.
- Expand USB connectivity by connecting up to 4 USB 3.0, 2.0, or 1.1 devices to any USB 2.0 or 3.0 capable computer. Silver aluminum finish with three front facing ports and one side port. Hub can rotate 180 degrees to best fit where the hub is plugged in
- Compatible with most Windows 10, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, macOS, and Linux / Unix systems. Microsoft Windows 7 and earlier should install latest manufacturer USB 3.0 host controller drivers and Windows Updates. Apple Mac OS X and Linux systems require latest operating system updates for best compatibility. Fully plug and play, devices can be hot-plugged, supports USB over-current protection
- Hub is not a standalone charger and will not charge phones or tablets. Apple notes: Some devices such as the Apple SuperDrive look for Apple-specific signaling and will not work when connected through any USB hub
- USB bus powered operation – no external power adapter required! The hub’s power is provided by the host computer’s USB port and shared by all USB devices connected to the hub. (900mA total when attached to USB 3.0 systems, 500mA total on USB 2.0)
- We love our Plugable products and hope you will too. All of our products are backed with a 1-year limited parts and labor warranty and Seattle-based email support.