The TG862R is a telephony Gateway designed for XFINITY customers desiring to own their device. Using DOCSIS 3.0 technology the TG862R provides high-speed data service using bonded send and receive channels for greater bandwidth. The TM822R includes 2 Voice ports for 1ST and 2nd line telephony services. It also includes a N300 2.4GHz Wi-Fi Router for light moderate duty applications, but can be disabled to use a separate Router if needed. A battery backup option is available to provide emergency services in the event of a power outage in the home. Using multi-processor technology, the TG862R can achieve High bandwidth performance without affecting Voice quality, a historical ARRIS product standard for the best in service performance.
- Certified for use with Comcast Xfinity Internet & Voice Service
- This device does not support XFINITY Home Security or Home Control Service without also having an XFINITY Home Router from Comcast
- 3 products-in-1: Cable Modem + Wi-Fi Router + Xfinity telephony. 2.4 GHz N300 Router good for moderate population applications less than 2000 sq. ft., can be disabled if needed to use another Router
- 8 DOWNLOAD and 4 UPLOAD Channels best for Internet plans up to 100 Mbps. Xfinity Cable Internet service is required to use this product
- 2 Telephony (VOIP) ports and 4 Gigabit Ethernet Ports. Optional battery backup (sold separately) for placing and receiving voice calls during power outages